When hiring a contractor for a siding replacement project, you can choose between a nationally-recognized name-brand franchise or a smaller, local contractor. In today’s post, Blackstone Exteriors takes a look at the reasons why you should work with a local siding contractor.
1. Local climate and regulations. Planning a siding replacement involves taking factors like local climate into account. Some areas have microclimates that figure into material selection — information that would not have been available to any contractor based outside your area. The same goes for building codes and regulations, as well as CC&Rs if you live in a community that’s overseen by an HOA. Knowledge of these locally-based factors can go a long way in making sure your siding replacement project is finished on time and within budget.
2. Personalized service. If you’ve ever had to contact the customer service of a bank or an internet service provider that serves several states, you may already have an idea how impersonal the service can be. Contrastingly, local businesses provide a warm and friendly service, probably from people that you already know.
3. Quick responses. Sometimes you need a quick response from a siding contractor, particularly during situations that involve storm damage and insurance claims. Thanks to their proximity to your home, locals have a shorter response time, which can help keep potential delays to a minimum.
4. Support for the local economy. When you work with local businesses, you contribute to your community’s economic growth. Hiring local siding contractors helps keep the community financially stable, creates jobs and contributes to a stronger local economy.
5. Accountability and trust. Reputation is important to local businesses, from small mom-and-pop shops to building and remodeling contractors. These are businesses that are founded by friends and neighbors, some of them through generations, and are built on accountability and trust. When you work with local contractors, you can count on commitment to quality and trustworthy service.