When installing a new gutter system, you have to make a decision: seams or no seams. Seamed gutters are constructed with separate portions of gutters fastened together while seamless gutters create a continuous support along the edge of your roof. The latter option is customized on site with the use of a specialized gutter machine. Although most of the choices depend on preferred style or cost, seamless gutters prove to be the more efficient option for various reasons.
1. Seamless gutters fit perfectly on your roof. Since this type of gutter is particularly customized to fit every home according to its roofing dimensions, there is little room for installation mistakes due to improperly attached gutter portions. The seamless method guarantees a high-functioning gutter system at all times.
2. Seamless gutters require little maintenance. Unlike seamed gutters, seamless gutters have less joints where debris and other organic litter can collect. They also leave no open gaps for insects to crawl into, saving you time and energy on cleaning clogged gutters.
3. Seamless gutters are less likely to leak. Sectional gutters are fastened at their seams, creating a slightly open section where leakage and rusting occur. To eliminate this possibility, installing seamless gutters is the best choice.
4. Seamless gutters are overall less costly. Their initial cost may be large, but when you consider how low-maintenance and less likely to be damaged seamless gutters are, you can actually save a lot more money from repairs or replacements over time.
5. Seamless gutters are more appealing. Without the gaps and obvious fasteners, seamless gutters offer a more complete and cleaner look to your home. If you have a contemporary home that values simplicity and minimalism, these gutters are the way to go.
Only want the best for your home? Turn to Blackstone Exteriors, a premier provider of roof replacement and gutter installation services. Give our team a call at (515) 360-3732, or contact us through our online form to schedule a consultation.